[Solved] Clients don't show up in WSUS

I had a problem with a small group of computers which I deployed in my organisation.
The computers were deployed through images which I created with DriveImage XML.
All went well but I forgot one small step which I will explain later. The computers didn't show up in WSUS but did get their updates from the wsus server I was puzzled.
Then it hit me I did nog give the computers a new sid!
This explained why they did get their updates but did not show up in wsus except for 1. On the systinternal site I grabbed the utility NewSID v4.10 and gave the computers a newsid.

However they still didn't showed up in WSUS. But I found the solution here Athif Khaleel's WSUS blog:

@echo off
Echo Save the batch file "AU_Clean_SID.cmd". This batch file will do the following:
Echo 1. Stops the wuauserv service
Echo 2. Deletes the AccountDomainSid registry key (if it exists)
Echo 3. Deletes the PingID registry key (if it exists)
Echo 4. Deletes the SusClientId registry key (if it exists)
Echo 5. Restarts the wuauserv service
Echo 6. Resets the Authorization Cookie
Echo 7. More information on http://msmvps.com/Athif
Pause
@echo on
net stop wuauserv
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v AccountDomainSid /f
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v PingID /f
REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\WindowsUpdate" /v SusClientId /f
net start wuauserv
wuauclt /resetauthorization /detectnow
Pause

And now your clients will show up in WSUS if they do not show up immediately don't worry allow for a 10 minute cycle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exchange Server Error -1018: How Microsoft IT Recovers Damaged Exchange Databases

Server and Domain Isolation Using IPsec and Group Policy

[Solved] The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Zonemapping failed to execute