Dymo Labelwriter on Vista and Server 2003 R2 [FIXED]

I had a problem yesterday with a dymo labelwriter 400.
The labelwriter is physically connected via USB on a windows 2003 R2 server.

When I installed the labelwriter software on a vista client the installation went flawless.
The labels were printed perfectly but when I rebooted the vista client the Dymo Labelwriter 400 went in offline mode and I could not set in online.

So I called dymo support and to my surprise they don't support Windows 2003 R2. And they hungup on me.

But here's the fix you seek.

1. After you install the labelwriter on a vista client you will have to delete the dymo printer from the "control panel \ printers"
2. Now you add in the same screen a new printer select the printer from active directory (If you have checked the box when you installed the printer on the server)


 

This is all, now the printer won't go offline anymore.
I hope this helps you, and dymo support.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exchange Server Error -1018: How Microsoft IT Recovers Damaged Exchange Databases

Server and Domain Isolation Using IPsec and Group Policy

[Solved] The Group Policy client-side extension Internet Explorer Zonemapping failed to execute